Perception: a belief or opinion
How to use
In the sentence, if you see verbs of perception such as hear, see, feel, taste…use in a active way, the verb following those perception verbs MUST use as Verb or V-ing no matter what is the subject.
- I can hear the whistle blow
- I can hear the whistle blowing
>>>> But we can not use ” I can hear the whistle blows/blew
- Yesterday I saw them talking to Peter = Yesterday they were seen talking to Peter.
- Yesterday I saw them talk to Peter=ytd they were seen talk to Peter.
- Today he found a little boy bullied by some thugs and he came to his protection = Today a little boy was found bullied by some thugs and he came to his protection. (passive meaning)
- Today he founds little boy being bullied by some thugs and he came to his protection = Today a little boy was found being fullied by some thugs and he came to his protection.
New Words in this lesson
- Bully: Someone who hurt/frighten someone else.
- Perception: belief or opinion.
- Whistle: To make a high sound. Through the device held to the lips.
- Infinitive (n): The/an infinitive is a basic form of the verb, normally follows “to” or other verb forms.